Why become a member?
If you join us you can:
- Receive regular information about the Trust,
- Give your views on our plans and how we can make things better,
- Get involved, if you wish, in issues that interest you,
- Elect people to the Council of Governors which will help run the Trust,
- Stand as a Governor yourself.
Anyone over 14 years and living in England or Wales can join. It’s free and you can be involved as much or as little as you want.
There are three categories of members:
- Service user – for people who have used our services in the last four years,
- Carer – for people who have been a carer for a user of our services in the last six years,
- Public – residents of England or Wales.
All staff working for the Trust are automatically staff members unless they decide to opt out.
Council of Governors
This is a group of people elected by the members who represent their views and the partners the Trust works with.
Its responsibilities include:
- Advising on the Trust’s strategic direction and plans,
- Appointing the chair and non-executive directors to sit on the Board of Directors,
- Approving the appointment of the Chief Executive,
- Anyone aged 16 and over can be a governor – it could be you if you become a member.
So help us make a difference sign up now!